I wanted you all to know a little bit about what I have become involved in recently. As a teacher, you all know how much I value education and view it as an integral part of developing children, families, communities and countries.
One organization that is doing great work around the world is Justice Rising. As an organizaton they focus on building schools in conflict areas around the world. They have already built 7 schools in the Democratic Republic of Congo and have seen the growth of students, families, and communities from their work.
I will be hosting a Bar Trivia Night* on July 24th at Butcher's Dog at 7pm in Sawtelle to fundraise for Justice Rising.
My goal is to raise $500 to help support 10 students education this year in the Democratic Republic of Congo. If you cannot make the trivia night, you can still help me reach my goal by donating above.
To participate email me at firstname.lastname@example.org before July 19th.
The cost to play is $10 per person or $50 for a full team of 5 players. The winning team will walk away with 10% of the overall pot from donations at the event!
To pay for entry to the event you will pay in CASH at the venue! Do not use the Donate Now link to enter into the event!
[*event is for 21yrs old and up!]
Why Focus on Education?
- Doubling secondary enrollment from 30%-60% has the potential to halve the risk of conflict -UNESCO
- 124 million children are unable to attend school globally. 1 in 3 of those children live in countries affected by conflict and crises. -International Network for Education in Emergencies
What is Justice Rising doing to Help?
- We currently operate seven schools in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with four new schools being built this year.
- Our schools employ 60+ Congolese teachers to provide quality education to over 1,600 students.
- We have partnerships with local education programs in Northern Iraq and Syria to empower the next generation of leaders.
What YOU can do to help:
- Educate Yourself about the ways education can benefit conflict areas around the world.
- Tell Others about Justice Rising and what they are doing to help.
- Attend Trivia Night on July 24th at Butcher's Dog in Sawtelle at 7pm.
- Donate Above to help meet my goal of raising $500 to help support 10 Congolese students in their education this year.